2. Our Responsibility: At Pharmasave, your wellness is our priority. We take great pride in providing you with the most complete health and wellness services and products. The same applies to making sure that the information you pass on to us remains private. We have always safeguarded your health and personal information with utmost care. This policy outlines our procedures and guidelines that we follow to make sure we do not break this trust.
3. Your Responsibility: You are responsible for keeping your information safe. Be responsible and cautious whenever you offer your personal information. You should ensure that whenever you disclose personal information, that information is used in an appropriate manner and stored safely.
6. Information from Children: Although we do not actively solicit personal or other information from children under the age of 13, it is possible for children to disclose their personal information to us. If you are under 13 years of age and would like to participate in our programs, please ask your parent or guardian for assistance.
7. Personal Information Collected: We may ask for personal information about you including names, telephone numbers, age, age-range, e-mail, postal code, and postal address. From time to time we may ask you for other information such as general demographic, family or health information or your interests. We only collect personal information if we ask you, and obtain your consent to its use, or if your consent is implied through your conduct with us since the purpose of the collection, use or disclosure is obvious and you voluntarily provide the information, or if our collection, use and disclosure of the personal information is required or authorized by law to be done without your consent.
We do not collect any personally identifiable information unless you provide it to us. If you do not want us to collect your personal information, please do not provide it.
8. Profile Information: If you register with our website, such as to receive newsletters, eFlyers, health and wellness information, news updates or other information from us, you will receive a password and account designation when you have completed the profile information. You agree to provide true, accurate and complete information about yourself. You are responsible for managing your account, including but not limited to maintaining the confidentiality of passwords and/or any of your account information. You are also responsible for maintaining and promptly updating your account information to keep it true, accurate, current and complete. You are responsible for all activities that occur under your password or on your account.
B. Scope and Application
5. This policy does not apply to the practices of companies or other entities that we do not manage or control. This policy does not apply to information regarding corporations or other non-individuals.
C. Use and Sharing of Information
WEBSITES OPERATED BY Port Elgin Pharmasave:
1. We will provide you with our newsletter, eFlyer, health and wellness information, news updates and other information that you have requested from us. We send you only the information you have consented to receive. You can unsubscribe to any electronic communication from our websites at any time by using the "unsubscribe" or "opt out" mechanism included with the communication.
2. We may also use your personal information to generate summarized data for internal use and for tailoring the information we provide via our website, newsletters, eFlyers, and updates. "Summarized data" means information which has been aggregated and analyzed to provide us with generalized, anonymous information. Your identity and personal information will be kept anonymous in summarized data.
3. We cannot guarantee the confidentiality or security of any e-mail communications or information sent by you to us via our website. If you wish to send us confidential information, please notify us first to make arrangements.
5. Like most other commercial websites, our website may monitor traffic patterns, site usage and related site information. We may automatically (i.e., not via registration) collect or compile certain information that is not personally identifiable when you access the website. Examples of this type of information include the aggregate and unique number of visitors to the website, the dates and times of visits to the website, the domains/countries of visitors, the pages of the website visited and the content accessed, the browsers, operating systems, search engines and search terms used to visit the website and HTTP errors generated. We use this information in order to optimize our website and to assess usage of our website. We may provide such information to our website contractors for these purposes, but this information does not include any personally identifiable information.
8. We do not sell your personal information to any other third party without your permission. We take reasonable precautions regarding any sensitive information or security information, such as contact information, health information, etc.
9. We may also contract with a third party to store or host our on-line data, which may include your personal information. We will only do so if we are satisfied that the third party is a reputable and reliable service provider, and we will not grant unauthorized access to your personal information.
10. Under certain circumstances, we will disclose your personal information: when you have consented to the disclosure; to fulfill the purpose for which the personal information was collected; when the services we are providing to you require us to give information to third parties; if the information is already publicly known; in connection with an actual or proposed sale, reorganization or financing of our business or operations, including to regulatory authorities or to prospective buyers and other parties to the transaction who are bound by confidentiality obligations, and when we are required or authorized by law to do so.
11. Periodically, we may conduct surveys and contests through one of our websites, email or in Pharmasave stores. You may chose to participate and provide us your name, mailing address, telephone number, email and other personal information. We collect this information for contests to select and notify the winner. Personal information obtained in a survey will be used to understand needs and preferences of our customers.
To demonstrate our commitment to your privacy, we adhere to the following principles derived from the PERSONAL INFORMATION PROTECTION AND ELECTRONIC DOCUMENTS ACT (Canada):
1. Accountability: We are responsible for personal information under our control and designate an individual or individuals who are accountable for our compliance with the following principles.
2. Identifying Purposes: The purposes for which personal information is collected are identified by us at or before the time the information is collected. The purpose may be identified orally or in writing.
3. Consent: Your knowledge and consent is required for the collection, use or disclosure of your personal information, except as required or permitted by applicable law.
4. Limiting Collection: The collection of personal information is limited to that which is necessary for the purposes identified by us, or as required or permitted by applicable law. Information will be collected by fair and lawful means.
5. Limiting Use, Disclosure, and Retention: Personal information is not used or disclosed for purposes other than those for which it was collected with your consent or as required or permitted by applicable law.
6. Accuracy: Personal information is maintained as accurate, complete, and up-to-date as is necessary for the purposes for which it is used.
7. Safeguards: We are committed to keeping your personal information safe in order to protect it from loss, theft, unauthorized access, disclosure, duplication, use by others and modification. Your personal information is protected by reasonable security safeguards appropriate to the sensitivity of the information. We use appropriate measures when disposing of the information.
9. Individual Access: You have the right to access your personal information collected by us. Upon request, within a reasonable time, we will tell you what personal information belonging to you is stored by us, what it is being used for and who possesses access to it. You may notify us in writing at our contact address of the accuracy and completeness of the information and have it amended as appropriate.